Green Elementary School is an exceptional elementary school with a
reputation of providing quality education. Located off Festival and Mesa
on Buckley Drive, Dr. Green opened its doors in 1993 and currently
serves 435 students in pre- kindergarten through fifth grade.
staff of 61 includes a faculty of 30 highly qualified teachers, one
instructional coach, one reading teacher, one counselor, one librarian
and two administrators. We offer a traditional elementary program, in
addition to dual language in pre-kinder through first grade, gifted and
talented services in kindergarten through third grades and a Connections
Program in fourth and fifth grades.
school is named after Dr. J. Leighton Green. Dr. Green was born on May
29, 1899. He practiced general surgery and gynecology in El Paso for
more than half a century. Dr. Green left behind a legacy of service to
others and a tireless dedication to education. He was a man of
compassion, strength, and integrity who devoted his life to helping